A1 is the first level, and it essentially means absolute beginner. If you have an A1 level of Portuguese, you’ll be able to do things like introduce yourself and talk a little about yourself. You’ll be able to use simple everyday expressions and to interact with other Portuguese speakers on a basic level, provided the other person speaks slowly.
- Start: 5th of July
- When: Monday and Thursday
- Course times: 19:00 – 21:30
- Duration: 2.5 hours/day, 3 Months, 60 hours
- Group size: Maximum 12 participants
- Levels: A1
- Price: € 249 (no registration fee)
- Course location: Online via Zoom
What You Will Learn
An A1 course typically gives you the foundations in grammar, covering things like ser vs estar, reflexive verbs, irregular verbs, etc. You’ll also learn how to ask for directions, tell the time, and talk about yourself.
It’s estimated that you need around 500 words to speak a language at an A1 level.
The course will cover:
- Understand words and frequently used vocabulary about themselves, their families and their contexts, when interacting with someone speaking slowly and clearly.
- Understand familiar names, words, and short phrases, for example, notices, posters, or flyers.
- Be able to communicate in simple situations, when interacting with someone willing to repeat or rephrase slowly, and willing to help.
- Formulate simple questions and answers about familiar topics and basic needs.
- Use simple phrases and expressions to describe where they live and the people they know.
- Write short, simple notes like a holiday postcard, for example;
- Fill in a personal information form, for instance in a hotel, stating name, address and nationality.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 hours
- Language English
- Students 5
- Assessments Yes